All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.68Trending at £22.90
- £18.90Trending at £26.94
- £17.75Trending at £25.08
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £12.06Trending at £15.87
- £12.18Trending at £18.04
- £36.54Trending at £72.21
About this product
- Author(s)David Cope,Jerry Lee Ford
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight388 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction. 1. Basics. 2. The Tonal Legacy. 3. New Roles of Melody. 4. Harmony, Counterpoint, and Hierarchy. 5. Interval Exploration. 6. Serialism. 7. Pitch-Class Sets. 8. Rhythm and Meter. 9. Texture and Modulations. 10. Microtones. 11. Percussion and the Prepared Piano. 12. New Techniques and Instruments. 13. New Notations. 14. Indeterminacy. 15. Musique Concrete. 16. Electronic Music. 17. Algorithmic Composition. 18. Media Forms. 19. Minimalism. 20. Experimental Music. 21. Decategorization. Bibliography. Index.
- Author BiographyJerry Lee Ford, Jr. is an author, educator, and an IT professional with over 19 years of experience in information technology, including roles as an automation analyst, technical manager, technical support analyst, automation engineer, and security analyst. He has a Masters in Business Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. Jerry is also the author or co-author of 28 other books including Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Programming for the Absolute Beginner, Microsoft WSH and VBScript programming for the Absolute Beginner, and Microsoft Windows Shell Script Programming for the Absolute Beginner. He has over five years of experience as an adjunct instructor teaching networking courses in Information Technology. He lives in Hanover, Virginia with his wife, Mary, and their children Alexander, William, and Molly.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.