All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuggests that the primary purpose of production and distribution is not to satisfy human needs but to create profit for the owners of capital that in turn has devastating consequences for the environment and for vulnerable people. This title addresses issues of inequality which affect both developed and developing countries.
- Author BiographyErika Cudworth is Reader in Politics and Sociology at the University of East London. She is author of several books including Environment and Society (2003) and Developing Ecofeminist Theory (2005) and co-author of others including Posthuman International Relations: Complexity, Ecologism and International Politics (2011). Peter Senker was a Visiting Professor at the University of East London between 1995 and 2011, and a Senior Fellow at SPRU, University of Sussex between 1972 and 1995. He is co-editor of The Myths of Technology: Innovation and Inequality (Peter Lang, 2009) and Technology and In/equality: Questioning the Information Society (2000). Kathy Walker is Senior Lecturer in Media and Communications at the University of East London, leader of the Communication Studies degree programme and Director of the Society, Technology and Inequality Research Group (STIR). She is co-editor of The Myths of Technology: Innovation and Inequality (Peter Lang, 2009).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication25/07/2013
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number87
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Notemap
- Weight430 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byErika Cudworth,Kathy Walker,Peter Senker
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.