Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £18.86Trending at £19.11
- £36.00Trending at £38.38
- £27.92Trending at £28.09
- £27.55Trending at £29.55
- £13.15Trending at £15.65
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.65
About this product
- DescriptionOffers a portrait of impoverished young South African men who became fathers while teenagers. This title provides space for their articulate voices to be heard amidst the outcry against the absence of fathers, and offers insights into young fathers' personal, emotional, financial and cultural struggles as they come to terms with fatherhood.
- Author BiographyDr Sharlene Swartz is a sociologist and researcher at the Child, Youth, Family and Social Development research programme of the Human Sciences Research Council, and a visiting research fellow at the Centre for Commonwealth Education at the University of Cambridge. Professor Arvin Bhana is a psychologist, the Deputy Executive Director at the Child, Youth, Family and Social Development research programme of the Human Sciences Research Council, and an adjunct associate professor in the School of Psychology at the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Author(s)Arvin Bhana,Sharlene Swartz
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2009
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.