Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.18Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.69Trending at £7.75
About this product
- Author(s)Brian L. Goff,W.Mark Crain
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication29/02/1988
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight830 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement1988 ed.
- Table Of Contents1 The Architecture of Constitutions.- 2 Political Information Technology and Public Choice: Background.- Voter Shopping: Experience and Search.- Product Advertising and Information Theory.- Product Advertising as Political Advertising.- Technology and the Costs of Campaigning.- The Rational Voter Model.- Televised Legislatures.- History of Televised Legislatures.- Summary.- 3 Legislative Television: The Transformation of Politicians.- The Relationship Between Citizens and Politicians.- Political Services and the Content of Product Advertising.- Technology and the Relative Cost of Acquiring Political Information: Experience versus Search.- Summary.- 4 The Effect of Televising Legislatures on Elections: The Case of U.S. State Legislatures.- The Advantages to Incumbency in Televised Legislatures: State Lower Chamber.- Test for Reverse Causation.- State Upper Chambers.- Summary.- 5 The Effects of Televised Legislatures on Elections: The Case of the U.S. House of Representatives.- U.S. House Races: Before Versus After TV.- Test for Spurious Correlation.- Summary.- 6 The Effect of Televised Legislatures on the Output of Legislation.- A Model of Television and Legislative Outcomes.- Empirical Estimation.- Summary.- 7 The Politics of Adopting Televised Sessions.- Political Influences on Legislators.- Empirical Model of Support for Television in the U.S. Senate.- Summary.- 8 Modernity.- Appendix 1 Data Sources.- Appendix 2 Data.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.