Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.22Trending at £23.57
- £13.74Trending at £18.33
- £16.22Trending at £20.30
- £12.65Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.65
- £12.49Trending at £13.91
- £15.56Trending at £16.04
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout the 19th and into the 20th century, the traveling tent show was a popular form of melodrama and variety entertainment. This text captures the glamour the shows held for audiences and the hard work and financial jeopardy faced by their performers.
- Author BiographyDONALD W. WHISENHUNT is a professor of history at Western Washington University in Bellingham, Washington. He is also the author of The Depression in Texas: The Hoover Years and Poetry of the People: Poems to the President, 1929-1945.
- Author(s)Donald W. Whisenhunt
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2000
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleWest Texas A&M University
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo 6
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Note22 b&w photographs, bibliography, index
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Introduction byW. Kenneth Waters
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.