All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUses science fiction to provoke reflection and discussion on philosophical issues. This book explores puzzles about virtual reality, trans humanism, whether time travel is possible, the nature of artificial intelligence, and topics in neuroethics, among other timely issues. It is suitable for seasoned philosophers and scientists.
- Author BiographyRICHARD BROWN is an assistant professor at LaGuardia Community College's Philosophy and Critical Thinking Program in New York City. KEVIN S. DECKER is an assistant professor of philosophy at Eastern Washington University. He coedited Star Wars and Philosophy and Star Trek and Philosophy. WILLIAM IRWIN is a professor of philosophy at King's College. He originated the philosophy and popular culture genre of books as coeditor of the bestselling The Simpsons and Philosophy and has overseen recent titles including Batman and Philosophy, House and Philosophy, and Watchmen and Philosophy.
- Author(s)Kevin S. Decker,Richard Brown,William Irwin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/04/2009
- GenreHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleThe Blackwell Philosophy and Pop Culture Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight412 g
- Width157 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.36Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.