All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis New Naturalist volume provides a much-anticipated overview of these fascinating birds - the first book on the natural history of British and Irish terns since 1934.
- Author BiographyDavid Cabot is an Irish naturalist and writer. He was educated at University College, Oxford and Trinity College, Dublin, where he studied natural sciences, going on to University College, Galway, where he obtained a PhD in ecology of bird parasites while lecturing in Zoology. For twenty years he worked as an ecologist and was responsible for Ireland's National Heritage Inventory, developing nature conservation policy, later also as special environmental advisor to two Irish Prime Ministers. An all-round field naturalist and ecologist, he specialises in wildfowl and seabirds, enjoying the arduous life of fieldwork on islands, in the Arctic and other wild places. He lives in County Mayo, on the edge of the Atlantic.
- Author(s)David Cabot,Ian Nisbet
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleCollins New Naturalist Library
- Series Part/Volume Number123
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note250 col illus, With index
- Weight1160 g
- Width155 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £33.22Trending at £50.23
- £6.87Trending at £7.02
- £19.20Trending at £25.92
- £19.56Trending at £32.00
- £12.27Trending at £16.99
- £12.65Trending at £14.87
- £9.63Trending at £12.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.