All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.45
- £13.77Trending at £19.93
- £19.14Trending at £30.52
- £31.44Trending at £52.00
- £16.47Trending at £24.92
- £9.20Trending at £13.01
- £13.51Trending at £18.94
About this product
- DescriptionA few years after the Nazis came to power in Germany, an alliance of states and nationalistic movements formed, revolving around the German axis. Such an alliance, the states involved, and the interplay between their territorial aims and those of Germany during the interwar period and World War II are at the core of this volume.
- Author BiographyMarina Cattaruzza is Professor of Modern and Contemporary History at the University of Bern. Her recent publications include L'Italia e il confine orientale [Italy and its Eastern Border] (3rd ed, 2011); Sozialisten an der Adria - Plurinationale Arbeiterbewegung in der Habsburger Monarchie [Socialists on the Adriatic - Multinational labor movement in the Habsburg Monarchy] (2011). Stefan Dyroff has been Lecturer and Research Rellow at the Department of Contemporary History at the University of Bern since 2006. His current research project, International politics between diplomacy and a semi-official gray area. The importance of state and social actors for the supervision of minority protection by the League of Nations, is funded by the Swiss Research Council. Dieter Langewiesche was Professor of Modern History at the University of Hamburg from 1978 to 1985 and of medieval and modern history at the University of Tubingen from 1985 to 2008. He has been awarded the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize by the German Research Foundation. He is member of the Heidelberg Academy of Sciences and Humanities and the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina. His recent publications include Reich, Nation, Foderation. Deutschland und Europa [Empire, Nation, Federation - Germany and Europe] (2008); Zeitwende. Geschichtsdenken heute [Times of Transition. How do we think history today?] (2009).
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2012
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleAustrian and Habsburg Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDieter Langewiesche,Marina Cattaruzza,Stefan Dyroff
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.