Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £7.50Trending at £7.94
- £12.22Trending at £12.44
- £6.24Trending at £6.35
- £7.55Trending at £9.47
- £9.99Trending at £10.75
- £4.55Trending at £5.36
- £5.97Trending at £6.90
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigates the complex, bizarre, and sometimes outrageous history of synthetic testosterone and other male hormone therapies. This book explores such topics as the invention and marketing of the male menopause, and the disturbing history of hormonal and other medical treatments aimed at boosting or suppressing women's sexuality.
- Author BiographyJohn Hoberman is the author of Darwin's Athletes: How Sport Has Damaged Black America and Preserved the Myth of Race (1997), Mortal Engines: The Science of Performance and the Dehumanization of Sport (1992), The Olympic Crisis: Sport, Politics, and the Moral Order (1986), and Sport and Political Ideology (1984).
- Author(s)John M. Hoberman
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2006
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.