All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.16
- £9.24Trending at £11.01
- £24.56Trending at £26.13
- £26.45Trending at £27.94
- £19.99Trending at £24.15
- £29.50Trending at £30.61
- £18.40Trending at £20.01
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the relations between grammar, text, and discourse. This book intends to provoke critical discussion on key issues in discourse analysis. It introduces the notion of pretext as an additional factor in the general interpretative process, and focuses on the work of critical discourse analysis (CDA) in light of the issues discussed.
- Author BiographyH. G. Widdowson is Honorary Professor at the University of Vienna and Professor Emeritus at the University of London. He is renowned in the fields of applied linguistics and language teaching, and is the author of numerous books and articles, including Defining Issues in English Language Teaching (2002), Linguistics (1996), and Practical Stylistics: An Approach to Poetry (1992).
- Author(s)H. G. Widdowson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2004
- Series TitleLanguage in Society
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note3 illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width167 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.