All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book scaffolds teachers as they learn to develop effective text dependent questions across ELA, science, and social studies/history with the goal of assisting students to read closely and comprehend deeply.
- Author BiographyDouglas Fisher, Ph.D., is Professor of Educational Leadership at San Diego State University and a teacher leader at Health Sciences High & Middle College. He is the recipient of an IRA Celebrate Literacy Award, NCTE's Farmer Award for Excellence in Writing, as well as a Christa McAuliffe Award for Excellence in Teacher Education. Doug can be reached at email@example.com. Nancy Frey, Ph.D., is Professor of Literacy in the Department of Educational Leadership at San Diego State University. The recipient of the 2008 Early Career Achievement Award from the National Reading Conference, she is also a teacher-leader at Health Sciences High & Middle College and a credentialed special educator, reading specialist, and administrator in California. Heather Anderson has a wide range of experience teaching at both the elementary and high school levels. She earned her M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction from San Diego State University, is BCLAD certified, has extensive experience in staff development, and spent part of her career as an elementary math specialist. Heather has shared her passion for education both nationally and internationally while presenting at conferences and consulting at individual school sites emphasizing the use of Gradual Release of Responsibility, differentiated instruction, close reading and collaborative grouping. Heather currently teaches English and higher level Spanish at Health Sciences High and Middle College, a charter school in San Diego. Marisol Thayre is a teacher and author with experience teaching a large scope of students from various backgrounds, from the middle and high school to university levels. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in English at the University of California at Santa Barbara and holds Master of Arts degree in English and Composition from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Marisol shares her knowledge with other teachers across the country as a presenter on Gradual Release of Responsibility, differentiated instruction, assessment, close reading and text-dependent questions, text complexity, and collaborative grouping. Marisol currently teaches Upper Division English at Health Sciences High and Middle College, a charter school in San Diego.
- Author(s)Douglas B. Fisher,Heather L. Anderson,Marisol C. Thayre,Nancy Frey
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/09/2014
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCorwin Literacy
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £24.06Trending at £28.99
- £21.14Trending at £24.98
- £15.56Trending at £17.98
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £30.24
- £7.81Trending at £10.98
- £19.28Trending at £20.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.