All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £7.80Trending at £10.19
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.56Trending at £26.99
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.20
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
About this product
- DescriptionCombines our understanding of classical quantitative pharmacology and drug-receptor interactions with the basics of receptor structure and signal transduction mechanisms, providing an integrated analysis of the mechanisms of drug action at membrane receptors. This text includes chapters that contain problems and worked-out solutions.
- Author BiographyJohn C. Foreman, Ph.D., D.Sc., M.B., B.S., F.R.C.P., is emeritus professor of pharmacology at University College London. His research interests have included the role of bradykinin receptors in the human nasal airway, the control of microvascular circulation in human skin, and the mechanism of activation of dendritic cells. He has published reviews, contributions to books, and 170 research papers. Torben Johansen, M.D., Dr. Med. Sci. is a docent of pharmacology at the University of Southern Denmark. He has published 70 research papers in refereed journals. His current major research interests are N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors in the stubstantia nigra in relation to cell death in Parkinson's disease and also ion transport and signaling in mast cells in relation to intracellular pH and volume regulation. Alasdair Gibb, B.Sc., Ph.D., is reader in pharmacology at University College London. He currently leads the General and Advanced Receptor Theory Workshop of the British Pharmacological Society Diploma in Pharmacology and is a course leader on the British Pharmacological Society short course on Translational Pharmacology.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2010
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note128 black & white illustrations, 8 colour illustrations, 18 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAlasdair J. Gibb,John C. Foreman,Torben Johansen
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.