All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £64.15Trending at £79.54
- £25.00Trending at £38.33
- £17.90Trending at £19.88
- £30.65Trending at £31.32
- £28.56Trending at £32.29
- £9.12Trending at £10.02
- £7.54Trending at £9.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook, apploes to anyone studying or working with the body as a working machine, addresses this topic to the fields of exercise and work physiology. It includes in-depth case studies from the working world, recreational activities and elite sport, and additional reading boxes are included.
- Author BiographyPer-Olof Astrand, MD, PhD, is a pioneer in the field of work physiology, with his research focusing on the oxygen transport system in humans. Now retired, he made numerous advances in the field, winning many awards and fellowships including the Officer de l'Ordre des Palmes Academiques from France in 1975. Dr. Astrand has authored approximately 200 publications and has been invited to speak in 55 countries outside Sweden, where he resides today. Kaare Rodahl, MD, professor emeritus, is the author of numerous scientific publications in the fields of the physiology of exercise and work physiology, nutrition, metabolism, environmental physiology, and stress. He was coauthor with Per-Olof Astrand in all three previous editions of Textbook of Work Physiology, including the last edition in 1986. In 2001, he was listed in 2000 Outstanding Scientists of the 20th Century.Hans A. Dahl, MD, is professor of anatomy at the Norwegian University of Sport and Physical Education, works at the University of Oslo, Norway, and has been active in the field of muscle biology for most of his professional life. He is author and coauthor of several anatomy and physiology textbooks. Sigmund B. Stromme, PhD, is professor of physiology at the Norwegian University of Sport and Physical Education. He earned his PhD from Yale University in 1967. Since 1968 he has researched and taught at the graduate level with emphasis on exercise and work physiology. He is the author and coauthor of several scientific publications and books on effects of exercise, sport nutrition, and physical activity and health. He was presented the Norwegian Medical Association's award for preventive medicine in 2001.
- Author(s)Hans A. Dahl,Kaare Rodahl,Per-Olof Astrand,Sigmund B. Stromme
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note102 colour illustrations, 261 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white halftones
- Weight2005 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Revised byHans A. Dahl,Sigmund B. Stromme
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.