Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.64
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.13
- £18.33Trending at £24.00
- £7.25Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- PublisherFowler Museum of Cultural History,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/10/2014
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFowler Museum of Cultural History,U.S.
- Content Note303 illus., 280 in color
- Weight1248 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJoanna Barrkman,Roy W. Hamilton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsForeword / Marla C. Berns Acknowledgments / Roy W. Hamilton and Joanna BarrkmanNotes on Nomenclature / Roy W. Hamilton 1. Culture, History, and Weaving in Timor / Roy W. Hamilton 2. Textile Style Ares in Timor / Roy W. Hamilton and Joanna Barrkman with a contribution by Rosalia Elisa Madeira Soares 3. Plants as the Pivot: The Ethnobotany of Timorese Textiles / Anthony B. Cunningham, Willy Doas Kadati, Jose Ximenes, Jean Howe, I Made Maduarta, and William Ingram 4. Early Textiles from Timor / Ruth Barnes 5. Textiles of Oecusse: A Personal Account / Willy Daos Kadati with Anne Finch 6. She Comes with a Spindle in Her Hand : Biboki Textiles / Joanna Barrkman 7. Malaka Regency: Cloth of the Plain, Cloth of the Hills / Roy W. Hamilton and Yahannes Nahak Taromi 8. Textiles of Suai Loro and Camenaca / Joanna Barrkman 9. Continuity and Change in the Kemak Textiles of Marobo / Joanna Barrkman 10. Alfred Buhler's Collection from Baguia at the Museum der Kulturen, Basel / Marie-Louise Nabholz-Kartaschoff 11. Loss and Return: Personal Stories of Fataluku Weavers / Jill Forshee Notes to the TextReferences CitedIndexExhibition ListContributors
- Author BiographyRoy W. Hamilton is senior curator of Asian and Pacific collections at the Fowler Museum. Joanna Barrkman is an independent curator and doctoral candidate at the Australian National Museum. The other contributors are Ruth Barnes, Anthony B. Cunningham, Anne Finch, Jill Forshee, Jean Howe, William Ingram, Willy Daos Kadati, I Made Maduarta, Marie-Louise Nabholz-Kartaschoff, Rosalia Elisa Madeira Soares, Yohannes Nahak Taromi, and Jose Ximenes.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.