All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £30.00Trending at £37.22
- £12.50Trending at £13.78
- £24.67Trending at £25.21
- £11.79Trending at £14.88
- £9.69Trending at £9.90
- £4.95Trending at £8.82
- £9.40Trending at £12.98
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 111 colour and 6 b&w illustrations
- Weight1010 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byAnne D. Hedeman,Professor Bernard Ribemont,Rosalind Brown-Grant
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction, Rosalind Brown-Grant; Translating power for the Princes of the Blood: Laurent de Premierfait's Des cas des nobles hommes et femmes, Anne D. Hedeman; How to wield power with justice: the 15th-century Roman de Florimont as a Burgundian 'Mirror for Princes', Rosalind Brown-Grant; The just captain in the Jouvencel by Jean de Bueil, Michelle Szkilnik; Reconfiguring queen truth in Paris, BnF, Ms. fr. 22542 (Songe du vieil pelerin), Kristin Bourassa; Allegorical design and political image-making in late medieval France, Cynthia J. Brown; The wolf, the shepherd, and the whale: critiquing the king through metaphor in the reign of Louis XI, Lydwine Scordia; Passing sentence: variations on the figure of the judge in French political, legal, and historical texts from the 13th to the 15th century, Barbara Denis-Morel; The judge and the martyr: images of power and justice in religious manuscripts from the 12th to the 15th century, Maite Billore and Esther Dehoux; Beastly power, holy justice in late medieval France: from Robert Gobin's Loups ravissans to Books of Hours, Mary Beth Winn; The queen on trial: spectacle of innocence, performance of beauty, Yasmina Foehr-Janssens; Claude of France: justice, power, and the queen as advocate for her people, Kathleen Wilson-Chevalier; List of manuscripts and early printed editions cited; Bibliography; Index.
- Author BiographyRosalind Brown-Grant is Professor of Late Medieval French Literature at the University of Leeds, UK. Anne D. Hedeman is Judith Harris Murphy Distinguished Professor of Art History at the University of Kansas, USA. Bernard Ribemont is Professor of the History of Medieval Literature and Culture at the Universite d'Orleans, France.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.