Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.34Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- Author(s)J. A. Sutherland
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleBloomsbury Academic Collections: English Literary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight241 g
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsList of Illustrations Introduction 1. Vanity Fair The Art of Improvisation 2. Pendennis The Two Thackerays and the Limits of Autobiographical Fiction 3. Henry Esmond The Virtues of Carelessness 4. The Newcomes The Well Planned Baggy Monster 5. The Virginians The Worst Novel Anyone Ever Wrote 6. Denis Duval The Serialist and the Scholar Appendix One: The Local Plans for Denis Duval Appendix Two: The Esmond Notebook Bibliography Notes Index
- Author BiographyDr. Sutherland is Reader in English at University College London. He previously lectured at Edinburgh University and has held visiting academic posts in the United States. As well as contributing to many academic journals he has reviewed fiction and literary studies for the Times Literary Supplement and the New Statesman and published articles on the booktrade in The New Review and New Society. His previous books are Thackeray at Work (1974) and Victorian Novelists and Publishers (1976) and he has edited novels boy Trollope and Thackeray for the Penguin English Library.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.