All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- £25.57Trending at £31.07
- £17.61Trending at £25.07
- £13.38Trending at £13.93
- £11.72Trending at £13.20
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures sketches including what James Bond is really like as a party guest, and the world of Rabbit Newsnight. This work presents a gallery of peculiar characters populated by misfits, eccentrics, the occasional talking animal and a few stray Radio 4 arts programme presenters.
- Author BiographyDavid Mitchell has been writing and performing comedy since his schooldays, when he and his friends would pen pages of sketches, though never put on a show. He studied History at Peterhouse, Cambridge; joined Footlights and soon became President of the society. It was there that he met Robert Webb. After graduation, Mitchell and Webb staged a number of two-man shows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival before becoming freelance writers, contributing to comedy shows such as The Armstrong and Miller Show and Big Train. They acquired a growing following after writing and starring in Bruiser and That Mitchell and Webb Situation, and in 2003 they got their own BBC Radio 4 series, That Mitchell and Webb Sound. The second series was broadcast in 2005, and the show transferred to television as That Mitchell and Webb Look the following year. The duo also starred in the award-winning Channel 4 series Peep Show and the acclaimed BBC Two comedy Ambassadors, as well as appearing in The Bleak Old Shop of Stuff. In 2007, they starred in the film Magicians, and in 2009 they published This Mitchell and Webb Book. David's solo projects include guesting on panel games such as Have I Got News for You, Mock the Week and QI; co-presenting 10 O'Clock Live and writing an autobiography, Back Story (2012), and a collection of journalism, Thinking About It Only Makes It Worse (2014). Robert Webb grew up in Lincolnshire and studied English at Robinson College, Cambridge. He met David Mitchell when they both became members of Footlights, and from then on they collaborated in a number of comedy shows. Their first appearance as a duo was on Comedy Nation. They then wrote and appeared in their own show, That Mitchell and Webb Situation for satellite channel Play UK, before starring in two series of That Mitchell and Webb Sound on BBC Radio 4, four series of the BAFTA-winning That Mitchell and Webb Look on BBC Two, and nine series of the Golden Rose award-winner Peep Show. Robert's individual projects include starring in the 2006 film Confetti; winning Let's Dance for Comic Relief in 2009; playing Dan in the Channel 4 series Fresh Meat and acting as team captain on the BBC panel show Argumental.
- Author(s)David Mitchell,Robert Webb
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication02/10/2006
- GenreHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Out-of-print date17/06/2015
- Weight177 g
- Width125 mm
- Height143 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Read byDavid Mitchell,Robert Webb
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time180
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.