All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on key findings from two surveys of global professionals, and case studies from organisations like Deloitte, Cisco, Bell Canada, Nokia, and NASA, this book shows how the same social technologies that are used outside the company in marketing to connect with customers can be adapted for use inside the company to connect with employees.
- Author BiographyJeanne C. Meister is an internationally recognized thought leader, speaker, and author in enterprise learning. She is the author of Corporate Universities and Corporate Quality Universities, and her research has been profiled in such publications as the Chronicle of Higher Education, Chief Learning Officer, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review Japan, and the Financial Times. She is a cofounder of Future Workplace. Karie Willyerd, as a vice president and chief learning officer for Sun Microsystems, led the American Society for Training and Development's top-ranked learning department in the world. She has also been a chief talent officer for a Fortune 200 company, as well as a head of learning and executive development in the defense and food industries. A cofounder of Future Workplace, she has been actively involved on the advisory board of a human resources think tank based at the Center for Effective Organizations at the University of Southern California. Together she and Meister blog for the Web site of the Harvard Business Review.
- Author(s)Jeanne C. Meister,Karie Willyerd
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication11/05/2010
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £6.23Trending at £6.42
- £29.59Trending at £38.44
- £38.90Trending at £59.99
- £17.97Trending at £24.80
- £10.20Trending at £11.99
- £8.76Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.