All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAndrew Eames sets out to travel from London to Baghdad by train, following the route of the old Orient Express. It is the identical journey made by Agatha Christie in 1928, a journey which was to change her life completely and led to her spending 30 seasons on archaeological digs in the deserts of Syria and Iraq.
- Author Biographywas born in 1958. His career in journalism started in south-east Asia, where he travelled and lived for two years. From there he returned to the UK to work first on specialist magazines and then in guide book publishing. Ten years ago he went freelance, and has been writing travel and general interest features mainly for national newspapers, such as THE TELEGRAPH and THE TIMES. He is the author of CROSSING THE SHADOW LINE, FOUR SCOTTISH JOURNEYS and BENN'S LONDON. He is married with two children.
- Author(s)Andrew Eames
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication05/07/2004
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date25/06/2008
- Weight625 g
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £13.68Trending at £17.33
- £4.63Trending at £5.27
- £13.39Trending at £15.37
- £10.58Trending at £10.71
- £4.95Trending at £5.01
- £4.95Trending at £5.96
- £7.42Trending at £8.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.