Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.84
- £8.20Trending at £10.36
- £9.51Trending at £10.08
- £10.43Trending at £11.89
- £24.99Trending at £33.52
- £9.08Trending at £10.43
- £5.25Trending at £5.68
About this product
- DescriptionUnravels the history of ties, the story of the new knots and some very elegant mathematics in action. This book presents the story of the discovery - by two Cambridge University physicists, research fellows working from the Cavendish laboratories - of the history of neck ties and of the equations that express whether a tie is handsome or not.
- Author BiographyDr Thomas Fink (Half Windsor) is a research fellow in the Department of Physics who usually works on protein folding optimisation theory. Dr Yong Mao (New Variant 7,2) is a research fellow at the Department of Physics who usually works on polymers and colloids. They both wear ties.
- Author(s)Thomas Fink,Yong Mao
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/11/2001
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date29/08/2007
- Content Note(8pp col + integ b/w)
- Weight150 g
- Width126 mm
- Height178 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.