Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £18.90Trending at £27.01
- £20.05Trending at £20.39
- £17.75Trending at £25.00
- £13.04Trending at £16.88
- £14.89Trending at £19.94
- £12.18Trending at £17.98
- £8.20Trending at £10.96
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of musical composition has, in the main, been informed by anecdotal after-the-event accounts or post hoc analyses of composition. This book presents the first coherent exploration around this unique aspect of human creative activity. The central threads, or key themes - compositional process.
- Author BiographyDave Collins is Deputy Director of Higher Education at University Centre, Doncaster, a partnership with the University of Hull, having previously held the posts of Reader and Dean of Research. With experience of teaching music across a wide range of ages and abilities he gained his PhD at the University of Sheffield in the psychology of musical composition. He is the founder and editor of the International Journal of Performance Arts and Digital Media and the founder and advisory editor of the Journal of Music, Technology and Education. His primary interest and associated publications are in the field of creative cognition and music composition and the search for appropriate methods of enquiry.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2012
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleSEMPRE Studies in the Psychology of Music
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 19 b&w illustrations and 8 music examples
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDave Collins
- Series Edited byProfessor Graham Welch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.