Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £144.40
- £40.47Trending at £46.31
- £56.83Trending at £57.42
- £23.65Trending at £25.93
- £27.26Trending at £29.64
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleEndocrine Updates
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight545 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byRolf C. Gaillard
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2003
- Table Of Contents1. Ontogeny of the pituitary corticotroph system.- 2. Proopiomelanocortin gene expression in man.- 3. Multifactorial regulation of the corticotroph axis: animal models.- 4. CRH-receptors and their ligands.- 5. ACTH precursors in different pathological conditions.- 6. Interactions between the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis and the immunological system.- 7. Pituitary corticotroph SOCS-3: an important regulator of POMC gene expression.- 8. The melanocortin pathway and food intake.- 9. The ACTH receptor and its mutations.- 10. Leptin and the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis.- 11. Cushing's syndrome due to aberrant adrenal hormone receptors.- 12. Cushing' s syndrome - The diagnosis and diffrential diagnosis.- 13. Lost and found: The pars intermedia of the human pituitary and its role in the histogenesis of silent corticotroph adenomas.- 14. Therapeutic strategies in Cushing' s disease.- 15. Syndromes of glucocorticoid resistance.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.