All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Huckleberry Finn escapes from his drunken father and the 'sivilizing' Widow Douglas with the runaway slave Jim, he embarks on a series of adventures that draw him to feuding families and the trickery of the unscrupulous 'Duke' and 'Dauphin'.
- Author BiographyBorn Samuel Langhorne Clemens in 1835, Mark Twain spent his youth in Hannibal, Missouri, which forms the setting for his two greatest works, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Trying his hand at printing, typesetting and then gold-mining, the former steam-boat pilot eventually found his calling in journalism and travel writing. Dubbed 'the father of American literature' by William Faulkner, Twain died in 1910 after a colourful life of travelling, bankruptcy and great literary success.
- Author(s)Mark Twain
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight400 g
- Width142 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine30 mm
Most relevant reviews
- eleftheriaartem...09 May, 2017by
Bad quality. Not as it claims on title ''Deluxe''.
The paper of the pages is of bad material looking old. I do not know if it is like that on purpose to look Vintage but looks like an old book. Not the color but the texture.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £5.29Trending at £8.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.04
- £7.92Trending at £10.98
- £4.99Trending at £8.99
- £5.46Trending at £8.22
- £4.55Trending at £4.73
- £5.55Trending at £6.29