All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of twelve stories from the fully dramatised BBC Radio 4 canon, based on Arthur Conan Doyle's original short stories. It includes: A Scandal in Bohemia; The Red-Headed League; A Case of Identity; The Boscombe Valley Mystery; The Five Orange Pips; The Man with the Twisted Lip; and, The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, among others.
- Author BiographyArthur Conan Doyle was born on 22 May 1859 in Edinburgh into a prosperous Irish family. He trained as a doctor, gaining his degree from Edinburgh University in 1881. He worked as a surgeon on a whaling boat and also as a medical officer on a steamer travelling between Liverpool and West Africa. He then settled in Portsmouth on the English south coast and divided his time between medicine and writing. Sherlock Holmes made his first appearance in A Study of Scarlet, published in 'Beeton's Christmas Annual' in 1887. Its success encouraged Conan Doyle to write more stories involving Holmes but, in 1893, Conan Doyle killed off Holmes, hoping to concentrate on more serious writing. A public outcry later made him resurrect Holmes. In addition, Conan Doyle wrote a number of other novels, including The Lost World and various non-fictional works. These included a pamphlet justifying Britain's involvement in the Boer War, for which he was knighted and histories of the Boer War and World War One, in which his son, brother and two of his nephews were killed. Conan Doyle also twice ran unsuccessfully for parliament. In later life he became very interested in spiritualism. Conan Doyle died of a heart attack on 7 July 1930.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight276 g
- Width138 mm
- Height141 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Read byClive Merrison,Michael Williams,Full Cast
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time525
- Edition StatementA&M
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £4.71Trending at £4.77
- £4.69Trending at £4.82
- £3.79Trending at £6.39
- £4.50Trending at £4.83
- £34.99Trending at £35.42
- £4.44Trending at £4.74
- £4.44Trending at £4.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.