All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £8.84
- £11.29Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £5.54Trending at £5.67
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £7.98Trending at £9.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe physicist Friedrich Houtermans (1903-1966) was an essential promoter and proponent of the development of physics in Berne. He introduced a number of activities in the field of elementary particles, with a special focus on the physics of cosmic rays, and important contributions in applied physics.
- Author BiographyProf. Edoardo Amaldi (5 September 1908 - 5 December 1989) was an Italian physicist. He graduated under the supervision of Enrico Fermi. After the second world war, Amaldi held the chair of General Physics at the Sapienza University of Rome. He was the co-founder of the Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics, and of CERN and ESRO. He pioneered the European search for gravitational waves. Edorardo Amaldi is the original author of the Houtermans biography and left behind an incomplete version of it that was now completed by the Editors Profs. Braccini, Ereditato (both University of Bern) and Scampoli (University of Naples).
- Author(s)Edoardo Amaldi
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Physics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note20 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 152 p. 20 illus.
- Weight266 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAntonio Ereditato,Paola Scampoli,Saverio Braccini
- Edition Statement2012 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.