All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMimesis is one of the oldest, most fundamental concepts in Western aesthetics. This book offers a searching treatment of its long history at the center of theories of representational art. Moving between ancient and modern traditions, it contends that the history of mimesis hinges on problems that are of concern for contemporary aesthetics.
- Author BiographyStephen Halliwell is Professor of Greek at the University of St. Andrews, Scotland. His books include Aristotle's Poetics , the new Loeb translation of the Poetics, Plato: Republic 10, Plato: Republic 5 , and Aristophanes: Birds and Other Plays .
- Author(s)Stephen Halliwell
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2002
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight595 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
Save on Philosophy
- £10.09Trending at £13.78
- £24.53Trending at £24.80
- £17.55Trending at £18.13
- £31.41Trending at £33.20
- £23.03Trending at £24.22
- £23.39Trending at £24.98
- £9.86Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.