All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £16.59Trending at £18.99
- £18.29Trending at £22.83
- £7.58Trending at £7.86
- £13.16Trending at £17.97
- £23.39Trending at £31.31
- £15.28Trending at £20.03
- £10.74Trending at £16.95
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes essays that provide readings of how the social structures of Canada and of the respective countries of origin - including their ethnicity, ancestry, and lineage - interact to shape the identities, expectations, and aspirations of African Canadians.
- Author BiographyWisdom J. Tettey is an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Communication and Culture at the University of Calgary. His research interests include: the state and public policy in Africa; information technology and transnationalism; the brain drain; mass media and democratic transitions; race, ethnicity, and citizenship; and diaspora politics. Korbla P. Puplampu is Chair of the Department of Sociology at Grant MacEwan University. His areas of interest include: the global restructuring of agriculture and higher education; sociological theories and undergraduate education; theoretical and policy analyses of state and non-state institutions in social change; and identity politics in multicultural societies. Ali A. Abdi is Professor of Education and Co-Director of the Centre for Global Citizenship Education and Research at the University of Alberta.
- PublisherUniversity of Calgary Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCalgary
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Calgary Press
- Content Notefigures & tables
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAli A. Abdi,Denise L. Spitzer,Korbla P. Puplampu,Wisdom J. Tettey
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.