All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Anders Winroth
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note2 maps.
- Weight624 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of Contents1 Introduction: The Fury of the Northmen 1 2 Violence in a Violent Time 15 3 Roriks at Home and Away: Viking Age Emigration 45 4 Ships, Boats, and Ferries to the Afterworld 71 5 Coins, Silk, and Herring: Viking Age Trade in Northern Europe 99 6 From Chieftains to Kings 131 7 At Home on the Farm 157 8 The Religions of the North 181 9 Arts and Letters 213 10 Epilogue: The End of the Viking Age 241 Further Reading 249 Acknowledgments 253 Abbreviations 255 Notes 257 Bibliography 275 List of Illustrations 289 Index 293
- Author BiographyAnders Winroth is the Forst Family Professor of History at Yale University.
- PrizesCommended for PROSE Award in European & World History, Association of American Publishers 2015. Short-listed for The New York Post 's Best Books 2014.
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.