All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a cultural history of the Alps, tracing the mountain range's development from a remote, impoverished wilderness to today's tourist playground. This book examines the myths and legends attached to the Alps, as well as their enduring appeal to ideologists, artists and writers.
- Author BiographyANDREW BEATTIE has written for Rough Guides, the Independent on Sunday and the journal Contemporary Review; his previous book Cairo: a Cultural and Literary History is also published by Signal Books.
- Author(s)Andrew Beattie
- PublisherSignal Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleLandscapes of the Imagination
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSignal Books Ltd
- Content Note30 b&w photos
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £8.47Trending at £14.99
- £11.68Trending at £11.85
- £13.77Trending at £19.96
- £31.44Trending at £52.08
- £11.27Trending at £18.02
- £12.58Trending at £18.97
- £9.20Trending at £13.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.