Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike its predecessors, the Ninth Edition of Dennis Gilbert's popular text focuses on the socioeconomic core of the American class system. Drawing on classic and contemporary studies, Gilbert describes our class structure and shows how class affects our everyday lives, from the way we raise our children to the way we vote.
- Author BiographyDennis Gilbert is Professor of Sociology at Hamilton College. His scholarly interests revolve around class and power in the U.S. and Latin American. Gilbert's other books are Mexico's Middle Class in the Neoliberal Era (University of Arizona Press, 2007), Sandinistas: the Party and the Revolution (Blackwell, 1988), and La Oligarquia Peruana: Historia de Tres familias (Horizonte, 1982). In 1990, he was research director in the successful congressional campaign of Bernie Sanders (Independent-VT) and later served as legislative assistant in Sanders' congressional office. In collaboration with the polling firm Zogby International, Gilbert and his Hamilton students have conducted a series of widely reported national surveys, most examining the views of high school students, on such topics as gun control, gay rights, abortion, Muslims in America, and patriotism.
- Author(s)Dennis L. Gilbert
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/2014
- GenreSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £0.99Trending at £1.09
- £38.60Trending at £51.99
- £31.99Trending at £32.97
- £7.66Trending at £8.99
- £7.79Trending at £9.99
- £9.73Trending at £12.37
- £11.98Trending at £18.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.