All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £19.25Trending at £27.08
- £17.75Trending at £25.02
- £16.42Trending at £24.99
- £13.36Trending at £20.65
- £14.89Trending at £19.94
- £9.58Trending at £12.96
- £11.66Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis treatise explores the historical treatment of American music and musicology, and argues for the recognition of its distinct and vital character. The author surveys the history of the musical professions in the USA, and discusses the relationship between classical and popular music.
- Author BiographyRichard Crawford is Professor of Music at the University of Michigan. His writings have won awards from the American Musicological Society, the Sonneck Society for American Music, and the Music Library Association.
- Author(s)Richard Crawford
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication12/06/2000
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleErnest Bloch Lectures
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 8
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note7 tables, 40 musical examples
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementUpdated ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.