CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.08
- £9.10Trending at £9.18
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is one of series on the status of American women, prepared biannually by the Women's Research and Education Institute (WREI). This ninth edition addresses young women between the ages of 25 and 35.
- Author BiographyCYNTHIA B. COSTELLO is an independent consultant and former research director for the Women's Research and Education Institute (WREI), where she has served as senior editor for the last five editions of The American Woman (including the current edition). She is the author of We're Worth It! Women and Collective Action in the Insurance Workplace and a number of policy reports on the topics of employment, health care, income security, and women's issues. She holds a B.A. from the University of California at Santa Cruz and both an M.S. and a Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Wisconsin. VANESSA R. WIGHT is research associate at the WREI. She has worked on the previous edition of The American Woman and is coeditor of this edition in the series. In addition, she contributes to WREI's Women in the Military and Hire a Vet projects and has co-authored the third edition of Women in the Military: Where They Stand. Ms. Wight holds a bachelor's degree in anthropology and religious studies from the University of Rochester and a master's degree in anthropology from the George Washington University. Ms. Wight lives in Kensington, M.D. with her husband Nicholas Curabba. ANNE J. STONE is senior research associate at WREI, where she has authored or co-authored policy analyses on various subjects, including women's employment, women in the military, and the economic situation of older women. She has worked on all eight previous editions of The American Woman, and co-edited the 4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th, as well as this 9th edition. Ms. Stone lives in Washington, D.C., with her husband Herbert Stone. They have two daughters and two granddaughters.
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2003
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight631 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byA. Stone,C. Costello,Vanessa R. Wight
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.