Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £14.90Trending at £15.06
- £9.42Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.19
- £16.70Trending at £21.72
- £15.55Trending at £19.06
- £13.65Trending at £14.14
- £18.71Trending at £18.97
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to compare and contrast the rise of mass circulation press in Britain and America. It provides insights into the origins of tabloid journalism and explores a range of cross-cultural and literary issues, tracing the history of key newspapers and the careers of influential journalists such as Bennett, Russell, Harmsworth and Pulitzer.
- Author BiographyJOEL H. WIENER is Professor Emeritus of History at the City University of New York, USA. He has published and edited many books and articles on British press history and aspects of Nineteenth- and Twentieth-century British History. His books include The War of the Unstamped (1969) and Papers for the Millions: the New Journalism in Britain, 1850s to 1914 (1988). Professor Wiener is also a former president of the Research Society for British Periodicals.
- Author(s)Joel H. Wiener
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitlePalgrave Studies in the History of the Media
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight529 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.