Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.82Trending at £9.09
- £4.75Trending at £4.86
- £20.06Trending at £22.95
- £12.30Trending at £17.29
- £4.45Trending at £6.56
- £13.80Trending at £20.57
- £10.30Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionBurke and Hare were the first serial killers to capture media attention, accused of killing sixteen people in order to sell their cadavers as subjects for dissection. The Anatomy Murders is the first book to situate their story against the social and cultural forces that were bringing early nineteenth-century England into modernity.
- Author BiographyLisa Rosner is Professor of History at Richard Stockton College of New Jersey and author of The Most Beautiful Man in Existence: The Scandalous Life of Alexander Lesassier, also available from the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Author(s)Lisa Rosner
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication06/10/2009
- GenreTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note20 illus.
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.