Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition of a text first published in 1985 explores the economic history of classical antiquity. It highlights the depth of the transformation from the ancient consumer economy based on slave and serf labour to the modern capitalist, investment, production and profit economy.
- Author BiographyM. I. Finley, who died in 1986, was Professor of Ancient History and Master of Darwin College at Cambridge University. Ian Morris is the Jean and Rebecca Willard Professor in Classics and Chair of the Classics Department at Stanford University.
- Author(s)M. I. Finley
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication01/03/1999
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleSather Classical Lectures
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 43
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight63 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byIan Morris
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.