Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £12.99Trending at £15.31
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents the theory, history, practice and institution of sport, demonstrating its influences on human culture. It argues that sport in America, as in many countries, is a mixture of big business, popular culture and potent politics.
- Author BiographyKENDALL BLANCHARD is Professor of Anthropology and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Lamar University. He is the author of six books, including The Mississippi Choctaws at Play: The Serious Side of Leisure (1981).
- Author(s)Alyce Taylor Cheska,Kendall Blanchard
- Date of Publication30/11/1995
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight540 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Foreword byBrian Sutton-Smith
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.