Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a major step forward in radical theology via a sustained and creative challenge to conventional and orthodox thinking on the Trinity. Altizer presents a radical rethinking of the apocalyptic trinity and recovers the apocalyptic Jesus of Hegel, Blake, and Nietzsche.
- Author BiographyThomas J. J. Alitizer is Professor Emeritus of Religious Studies at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA. For 50 years Thomas Altizer has been at the forefront of public and academic debate in theology and the philosophy of religion. The central figure of the so-called 'death of god' debate of the 1960s, Altizer has continued to write on and debate the issues and conditions for theology in modernity, arguing for a Christian atheism that challenges institutional, orthodox Christianity to its core. One of the major American theologians of the twentieth century, Altizer is the 'death-of-god-father' of radical theology and continues to influence new generations of students, scholars and readers in radical theology and continental philosophy internationally.
- Author(s)Thomas J. J. Altizer
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication05/12/2012
- GenreChristian Theology
- Series TitleRadical Theologies and Philosophies
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.