CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
The Apocryphon of Jannes and Jambres the Magicians: P. Chester Beatty XVI (With New Editions of Papyrus Vindobonensis Greek INV. 29456 + 29828 Verso and British Library Cotton Tiberius B. VF. 87). Edited With Introduction, Translation and Commentary. With Full Facsimile of All Three Texts by Brill (Hardback, 1994)
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.70
- £15.91Trending at £19.92
- £13.01Trending at £19.94
- £6.89Trending at £7.99
- £10.99Trending at £14.41
- £2.50Trending at £4.15
- £4.99Trending at £9.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication and study of new source material on the Jannes and Jambres tale provides fascinating fresh insights into the epic struggle between Moses and the Magicians, when Israel left Egypt.
- Author BiographyAlbert Pietersma, Ph.D. (1970) in Near Eastern Studies, University of Toronto, is Professor of Near Eastern Studies, University of Toronto. He has published numerous articles and books on Septuagint Studies as well as on papyrus manuscripts in Greek and Coptic, including The Acts of Phileas Bishop of Thmuis (Geneva, 1984).
- Date of Publication01/03/1994
- Language(s)English & Greek, Ancient (to 1453) & Latin
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleReligions in the Graeco-Roman World
- Series Part/Volume Number119
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note22 illustrations
- Weight813 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Volume editorAlbert Pietersma
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.