CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- Author(s)Andreas Hauptmann
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication08/06/2007
- Series TitleNatural Science in Archaeology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note146 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, 40 black & white tables, biography
- Weight765 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Table Of ContentsProblems and Methods of Archaeometallurgy.- Nature and Geology in Faynan.- The Raw Material Sources.- Field Evidence and Dating of Early Mining and Smelting in the Faynan District.- Study of Archaeometallurgical Slag and Metal.- Copper Smelting Technology.- Export of Ore and Copper: The Importance of Faynan in Prehistoric Palestine.- Summary.
- Author BiographyAndreas Hauptmann is a trained mineralogist and is concurrently head of the Research Group for Archaeometallurgy at the Deutsches Bergbau-Museum, Bochum and a professor of archaeometry at the Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany. Born in 1950, his research has focused on early mining and metallurgy, and the analysis of copper, bronze, iron, gold and pottery. He has led and been involved in major expeditions to Jordan, Oman and Georgia and has participated in many excavations in Germany, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Greece, Syria and Cyprus.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.