Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book illustrates the structure of the fascia in the living human being. Dr Guimberteau's photographs provide a detailed account of fascial architecture. The accompanying text explains what the photographs mean, clarifies the importance of the fascia, and sets out the implications of these findings for everyday therapeutic practice.
- Author BiographyDr Jean-Claude Guimberteau is co-founder and scientific director of the Institut Aquitain de la Main, and past-President 2011-2012 of the French Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (SOFCPRE). Dr Guimberteau trained in hand and plastic surgery at the University of Bordeaux, under Professors Goumain and Baudet. He worked in microsurgery and transplantation, extending his surgical experience through working in the USA with Dr J M Converse and Dr Ralph Millard. With Professor Claude Verdan in Switzerland and Dr Harold Kleinert in the USA he wrote a book: New ideas in hand surgery He has developed our knowledge of the structure and function of tendon physiology, and pioneered techniques for secondary flexor tendon repair. Perhaps his most significant contribution to our understanding of human biology has come about through his innovative use of video-endoscopy to investigate the structure of the fascia in vivo, resulting in what is essentially a new concept of living tissue and a new ontology for human body architecture. Through the company endovivo.com he has published many videos on living matter: Strolling under the skin, 2005; Skin excursion, 2008; Muscle Attitude, 2009; Interior Architectures, 2011; Skin, Scars and Stiffness, 2012; and Destination Tendon, 2012 Dr Guimberteau is also a member of the French Hand Society (GEM), and of the French Academy of Surgery. He has been a member of the (French) Health Service High Authority 2007-2010.
- Author(s)Colin Armstrong,Jean Claude Guimberteau
- PublisherHandspring Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationPencaitland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHandspring Publishing Limited
- Content Note403 photographs and drawing plus 90 linked video clips
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Hardback and 1 DVD-ROM
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.99Trending at £19.98
- £12.38Trending at £15.87
- £42.58Trending at £46.00
- £34.66Trending at £36.89
- £25.00Trending at £31.70
- £16.79Trending at £24.29
- £28.39Trending at £32.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.