All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Kent Spreckelmeyer,Stephen Grabow
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note50 black & white halftones, 35 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface: The Art of Use Foreword: The Use of Art Juhani Pallasmaa 1. Introduction 2. The Architecture of Health: The Paimio Sanatorium 3. The Shape of Work: The Larkin Office Building 4. Homo Ludens: The Amsterdam Orphanage 5. The Form of Commerce: The National Farmers Bank 6. The Structure of Memory: The Trenton Bath House 7. The Function of Wisdom: Mount Angel Abbey Library 8. An Architecture for Liberal Religion: Unity Temple 9. Street-Corner Musicians: The Berlin Philharmonie 10. Pictures at an Exhibition: The Louisiana Museum 11. Community and Privacy: Siedlung Halen 12. Conclusion Acknowledgments Bibliography Illustration Credits Index
- Author BiographyStephen Grabow is Professor of Architecture at the University of Kansas. He is the recipient of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Endowment for the Arts and the American Fulbright Commission. He was educated in architecture at the University of Michigan and at Pratt Institute, in landscape architecture at the University of California at Berkeley and holds a doctorate in urban planning from the University of Washington. Kent Spreckelmeyer is Professor of Architecture at the University of Kansas. He is a Fellow of the American Institute of Architects and the recipient of a Kemper Teaching Fellowship and numerous grants in the field of healthcare planning. He was educated in architecture at the University of Kansas and at University College, London and holds a doctorate in architecture from the University of Michigan.
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.33Trending at £23.93
- £66.16Trending at £92.94
- £9.68Trending at £10.07
- £14.25Trending at £15.00
- £16.59Trending at £25.32
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £10.38Trending at £10.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.