All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the multiple resonances and representations of the arma Christi, the instruments of the Passion, in medieval and early modern culture. From the weapons used to torment and sacrifice the body of Christ sprang a reliquary tradition that produced active and contemplative devotional practices, complex literary narratives.
- Author BiographyLisa H. Cooper is Associate Professor in the Department of English at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is the author of Artisans and Narrative Craft in Late Medieval England (2011) and co-editor, with Andrea Denny-Brown, of Lydgate Matters: Poetry and Material Culture in the Fifteenth Century (2008). Andrea Denny-Brown is Associate Professor of English at the University of California, Riverside. She is the author of Fashioning Change: The Trope of Clothing in High- and Late-Medieval England (2012), and the co-editor, with Lisa H. Cooper, of Lydgate Matters: Poetry and Material Culture in the Fifteenth Century (2008).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 29 colour and 29 b&w illustrations
- Weight1096 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAndrea Denny-Brown,Lisa H. Cooper
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.58
- £13.11Trending at £13.40
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.03
- £18.33Trending at £24.05
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
- £4.32Trending at £4.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.