Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.05Trending at £6.25
- £28.00Trending at £33.88
- £24.08Trending at £37.94
- £24.88Trending at £39.88
- £42.41Trending at £64.55
About this product
- DescriptionExamining Boilly and his art, deemed by many to be a significant painter of everyday life in Napoleonic France, this study argues that his paintings should be read not just for their documentary detail, but also for their wider cultural significance - showing social and sexual tensions of the era.
- Author BiographySusan L. Siegfried is research projects manager at the Getty Art History Information Program.
- Author(s)Susan L. Siegfried
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/1995
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note90 b&w illustrations, 85 colour plates
- Weight1515 g
- Width241 mm
- Height285 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.