All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.51Trending at £6.14
- £3.32Trending at £4.59
- £11.47Trending at £11.90
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
- £8.63Trending at £9.35
- £8.57Trending at £8.86
- £7.17Trending at £9.98
About this product
- Author(s)Susanna C. Berger
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2017
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2017
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note30 color illus. 169 halftones.
- Weight1389 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments xi Abbreviations xiv Introduction 1 1 Apin's Cabinet of Printed Curiosities 41 2 Thinking through Plural Images of Logic 75 3 The Visible Order of Student Lecture Notebooks 115 4 Visual Thinking in Logic Notebooks and Alba amicorum 147 5 The Generation of Art as the Generation of Philosophy 173 Appendix 1 Catalogue of Surviving Impressions of Philosophical Plural Images 211 Appendix 2 Transcriptions of the Texts Inscribed onto Philosophical Plural Images 217 Notes 273 Bibliography 293 Index 303 Illustration Credits 316
- Author BiographySusanna Berger is assistant professor of art history at the University of Southern California.
- PrizesShort-listed for 2017 The Bridge Book Award, American Initiative for Italian Culture 2017.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.