All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.02Trending at £5.09
- £20.03Trending at £22.54
- £3.89Trending at £7.05
- £16.02Trending at £22.20
- £28.00Trending at £34.27
- £23.49Trending at £35.31
- £44.17Trending at £51.85
About this product
- Description`The art of poverty` is the first book in English to analyse depictions of beggars in sixteenth-century European art. It develops a striking thesis, arguing that such images largely conformed to two paradoxical, though complimentary, traditions: the one ironising, the other idealising. -- .
- Author BiographyTom Nichols is Senior Lecturer in Art History at the University of Aberdeen -- .
- Author(s)Tom Nichols
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, black & white|Illustrations, colour|Line drawings, unspecified
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.