All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMusical education and music research are intersecting to produce a fresh academic field: the history and analysis of the production of recorded music. This book introduces students to the variety of approaches and methodologies that are being employed by scholars in this field.
- Author BiographySimon Frith is Tovey Professor of Music at the University of Edinburgh and a Fellow of the British Academy. He pioneered the academic study of popular music and also had a long career as a music journalist. He chairs the Judges of the Mercury Music Prize. Simon Zagorski-Thomas is a Senior Lecturer at the London College of Music, University of West London, and is chairman of the Association for the Study of the Art of Record Production. He worked for 25 years as a composer, sound engineer and producer and is, at present, conducting research into the musicology of record production and performance in the studio.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/09/2012
- Series TitleAshgate Popular and Folk Music Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 18 b&w illustrations and 2 music examples
- Weight618 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited bySimon Frith,Simon Zagorski-Thomas
- Series Edited byProfessor Stan Hawkins,Professor Lori Burns,Professor Derek B. Scott
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £23.79
- £66.16Trending at £91.99
- £9.68Trending at £10.63
- £14.25Trending at £14.96
- £16.59Trending at £25.25
- £22.22Trending at £23.47
- £10.38Trending at £10.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.