All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £7.76Trending at £9.98
- £13.23Trending at £15.90
- £11.20Trending at £12.08
- £8.90Trending at £12.49
- £4.54Trending at £4.67
- £4.04Trending at £4.95
About this product
- DescriptionMost scientists live in a publish or perish environment, but few would describe themselves as brilliant (or enthusiastic) writers. Coming to the aid of those wishing to improve the quality of their scientific writing, this work focuses on writing techniques, accurate expression, adherence to accepted standards, and above all clarity.
- Author BiographyHans F. Ebel received his Ph.D. in chemistry in 1960 with Georg Wittig at the University of Heidelberg (Germany). He was for many years Senior Editor and later a member of the board of directors of the publishing house Verlag Chemie/VCH (now Wiley-VCH). Author and co-author of numerous original publications including books, he has been active since 1982 in the field of scientific and technical communication in general and scientific publication in particular. He has also contributed to the terminological activities of DIN (Deutsches Institut f ormung) and is a board member of the European Association of Science Editors Claus Bliefert has since 1973 been a Professor of Chemistry at the University of Applied Sciences M er (Germany). Responsible for numerous research contributions in the fields of hydroxylamines and fluorine chemistry, he was in 1994 named director of the school's Laboratory for Environmental Chemistry, and this subject has become his principal interest in both teaching and applied research. Author and co-author of numerous books, including several in the field of scientific communication, he regularly presents lectures and seminars on topics like Scientific Writing and Technical Presentation . William E. Russey earned his Ph.D. in chemistry at Harvard in 1967, where he was in the research group of E. J. Corey. His professional life was spent on the faculty of Juniata College, Huntingdon (Pennsylvania), from which he retired as Dana-Supported Professor of Chemistry in 2002. Translator of several books, primarily for VCH, and numerous articles for Angewandte Chemie, and an editor and translator with the Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry, he has also co-authored the book Text and Graphics in the Electronic Age.
- Author(s)Claus Bliefert,Hans Friedrich Ebel,William E. Russey
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication06/02/2004
- GenreUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteliterature index
- Weight1150 g
- Width186 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.