All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Date of Publication28/08/2012
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHackett Publishing Co, Inc
- Weight300 g
- Width9 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction; Authorship & Date: The Canakya Legend, The Composer of the Arthasastra: the Historical Kautilya, Date & Location of the Arthasastra; Historical Context: The Indus Valley Period, The Vedic Period, The Classical Period; Arthasastra: Text & Tradition: The Concept of artha , The Genre of Sastra, The Tradition of Statecraft, Structure & Style of the Text; The World of the Arthasastra: Kingship & Royal Authority, Ruling a Kingdom, The King's Administration, The Layout of the Kingdom, Society, Religion & Ethics, Conquest & Success. The Arthasastra -- How to be Good King; The Kingdom; Central Administration; The Judiciary; Internal Security & Suppression of Criminal Activities; Foreign Affairs; War; Index of Passages.
- Author BiographyPatrick Olivelle is Professor of Sanskrit and Indian Religions and the Jacob and Frances Sanger Mossiker Chair in the Humanities at the University of Texas at Austin. Mark McClish is Assistant Professor of Religion at Birmingham-Southern College.
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £13.00Trending at £16.94
- £10.00Trending at £10.83
- £8.00Trending at £8.79
- £9.69Trending at £10.95
- £7.51Trending at £9.97
- £7.62Trending at £7.74
- £3.59Trending at £4.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.