All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £12.58Trending at £18.95
- £14.54Trending at £17.45
- £6.78Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionChronicles the tumultuous history of Castile in the wake of the Christian capture of the Islamic city of Tulaytula, now Toledo, in the eleventh century and traces the development of Castilian culture as it was forged in the intimacy of Christians with the Muslims and Jews they had overcome.
- Author BiographyJerrilynn D. Dodds is distinguished professor and senior faculty advisor to the provost for undergraduate education, City College of New York. She lives in New York City. Maria Rosa Menocal is director, Whitney Humanities Center, and Sterling Professor of the Humanities, Yale University. Her previous book, The Ornament of the World: How Muslims, Jews, and Christians Created a Culture of Tolerance in Medieval Spain, has been translated into seven languages. She lives in New York City. Abigail Krasner Balbale is a candidate for the Ph.D. in history and Middle Eastern studies at Harvard University, where she focuses on the cultural history of medieval Iberia. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Abigail Krasner Balbale,Jerrilynn D. Dodds,Maria Rosa Menocal
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication07/07/2009
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note10 b-w + 200 color illus.
- Weight1134 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.