All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Asperkid's (Secret) Book of Social Rules offers witty insights into baffling social codes such as making and keeping friends, and common conversation pitfalls. Ideal for all 10-17 year olds with Asperger syndrome, this book provides inside information on over thirty social rules helping Asperkids to navigate the mysterious world around them.
- Author BiographyJennifer Cook O'Toole has Asperger syndrome and is the mother to three young Aspie children. She graduated from Brown University, and attended Columbia University's Graduate School of Social Work. She has previously worked as a social worker, and a teacher in both special needs and mainstream education. She has also served on the Family Advisory Board for Levine Children's Hospital, North Carolina, and regularly gives presentations at hospitals and local universities on special needs parenting. In 2002 she was nominated for Disney's Teacher of the Year Award. More recently, she has been honored with the GRASP (Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership) 2012 Distinguished Spectrumite Medal, as well as the 2012 Temple Grandin Award for outstanding accomplishment and contribution to [her] family and community . She lives near Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Jennifer Cook O'Toole
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- GenreChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note48 black and white
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Illustrator(s)Brian Bojanowski
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £0.99Trending at £1.09
- £38.60Trending at £51.99
- £11.26Trending at £14.44
- £7.66Trending at £8.99
- £7.79Trending at £9.99
- £9.73Trending at £12.37
- £11.98Trending at £18.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.